1760 - 1805: The Mill's Heyday
In 1760 there was much damage by wind and fire but it must have been quickly restored for in 1764 it was advertised in Jackson's Journal:
'New windmill to be let or sold. Enquiries to Webb, millwright, at Cuddesdon or Davis schoolmaster at Wheatley'
If anyone responded they did not work it long for it was advertised again in 1764 and in 1775:
'Windmill to let almost new with house'.
1784 was an important year as a lot of new machinery was installed. The evidence for this is found in some of the surviving machinery is stamped with this date and the name of the Eagle Foundry.