Wheatley Windmill Preservation Society
Advertising on the Windmill website - Information for prospective advertisers
The method for applying to have an advert displayed on the Wheatley Windmill website is as follows:
1. Design your advert so that it complies with the size restrictions given in note 3 below. Save it on your computer and note where you have saved it.
Here are examples of adverts which comply with the size restrictions.
2. Complete the on-line form which will require the following information:
- Your name (obligatory);
- Email address (obligatory);
- The name of your business, service or organisation (obligatory);
- Full street address (obligatory);
- Telephone / Mobile number (not obligatory);
- Your Website URL www.abcdefg.xxx (not required, but your advert will link to your website if you supply the address);
- Duration of advert 12 months or 6 months (obligatory) - see notes 1 and 2 below;
- Name of your advert file to upload (obligatory) - see note 3 below.
On receipt of your on-line form you will be sent the details of how to make your payment to the Wheatley Windmill Preservation Society. Your advert will not be displayed until the Webmaster is notified that your payment has been received.
Note 1 - Duration of advert:
Windmill Open Days are on the 2nd Sunday in the months of May to October.
Your advert can be displayed for 12 months, or for the months with an Open Day, that is from May to October only.
Note 2 - Charges for adverts:
[ 12 months for £55.00 ] [ 6 months, May – October, for £30.00 ]
Note 3 - Maximum size of Adverts:
Adverts will be displayed below the Menu on the left-hand side of the web page. This means that the size of adverts needs to be constrained as follows:
Text only, a maximum of 25 characters (letters, numbers or spaces) wide by 6 lines deep;
Images, maximum width 180 pixels or 65 mm, maximum height 120 pixels or 42 mm.
If a maximum sized image is used, there can be no lines of text, unless they are embedded in the image. Text can be included if small images are used.
There are examples of adverts on the left-hand side of this page, please take note of their size.
Your advert file must have the finished design for your advert, as you wish it to be displayed.
If you have any queries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to proceed with displaying an advert on the Windmill website, please complete the on-line form